The goals of the field of psychotherapy include strengthening the mind, enlarging the capacity of the conscious mind, enabling a person to use their full mental potential, bringing contentment and inner happiness to each individual, bringing concentration and an increased willpower to each individual, and developing self-confidence, tolerance, and clear thinking. In some goals of psychotherapy, psychologists believe that the work of the field is to bring unity and harmony to an individual, and to allow them to open doors that have likely been closed for a long time.
The doors that are intended to be opened by the process of psychotherapy include:
- Insight, where a therapist works with the patient to construct a narrative that makes sense of the patient’s background and predicament to help with understanding, and lend perspective to the individual.
- Dependency, and the process of advancing to a mature adult level of dependency, which respects that there is a balance of dependence that is require – we all need other people, but a level of independence should also be present.
A psychotherapist will elucidate clients’ presenting symptomologies, devise interventions, and establish solid relationships with treatment facilities. You should also encourage open but respectful engagement with every client.
To ensure success as a psychotherapist, you should be diligently reflexive and committed to bolstering clients’ extant resources. Ultimately, a wonderful psychotherapist will exhibit a keen interest in clients’ everyday experiences even when these are not the target of their interventions.
- Flexible Hours
- Start dateStarts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Other benefits
- LocationSudbury, ON
- Salary$$40.00 to $60.00HOUR hourly for 5 to 20 hours per week
- Terms of employmentPermanent employment
- Discerning and addressing pertinent causal factors implicated in identified concerns.
- Altering internal distortions and providing regulatory guidance.
- Instituting fair and consistently reinforced boundaries.
- Forging trusting connections with reputable inpatient treatment facilities.
- Encouraging and reciprocating sustained openness.
- Uncovering clients’ difficulties across emotional, relational, and behavioral spheres.
- Generating comprehensive treatment protocols.
2 years to less than 3 years
- Other benefits
- Free parking available
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?; What is the highest level of study you have completed?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?; Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?; Do you have education in this field of employment?
Free parking available
Here is what you must include when submitting your application:
- Cover letter
- Proof of the requested certifications