Electroplaters operate continuous plant to coat metal parts and articles electrolytically, form metal articles by electro- and vacuum-deposition, dip and spray articles with another metal, plastic powder or other material and treat articles chemically to produce desired surface finishes.
- Day, To be determined
- Start dateStarts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Long term benefits
- vacancies1 vacancy
- Permanent placement opportunity
- LocationLangley, BC
- Salary$$35.00HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employmentPermanent employment
Employee Duties & Responsibilities
1) Sets up controls plating equipment to coat metal objects electrolytically with chromium, copper, cadmium, or other metal to provide protective or decorative surfaces or to build up worn surfaces according to specifications.
2) Reads work order to define size and composition of object to be plated; type concentration & temperature of plating solution; type and thickness and location of specified plating metal; and amount of electrical current time required to complete plating process.
3) Immerses object in cleaning rinsing baths [Metal-Cleaner, Immersion any industry ].
4) Suspends object, like part or mold, from cathode rod negative terminal immerses object in plating solution.
5) Suspends stick or piece of plating metal from anode positive terminal immerses metal in plating solution.
6) Moves controls on rectifier to adjust flow of current through plating solution from anode to cathode to permit electrodeposition of metal on object.
7) Removes plated object from solution at periodic intervals observes object to make sure conformance to specifications.
8) Adjusts voltage amperage based on observation.
9) Examines object visually at end of process to define thickness of metal deposit or measures thickness, using instruments, such micrometers or calipers.
10) Grinds, polishes or rinses object in water dries object to maintain clean even surface.
11) May mix, and test strength of plating solution, using instruments chemical tests.
12) May measure, mark, and mask areas excluded from plating.
13) May plate small objects, like nuts or bolts, using motor-driven barrel.
14) May direct other workers performing variety of duties, like racking, cleaning, or plating objects.
15) May operate equipment with reverse polarity be known as Plating Stripper .
16) May be designated according to plating materials used as Brass Plater ; Bronze Plater ; Cadmium Plater ; Chromium Plater ; Copper Plater ; Gold Plater .
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
3 years to less than 5 years
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Repetitive tasks; Physically demanding; Manual dexterity; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Standing for extended periods; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Personal Suitability
- Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Reliability; Organized
- Health benefits
- Health care plan; Dental plan; Vision care benefits
- Long term benefits
- Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP)
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Electroplating equipment
- Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- Computer numerical control (CNC) machines; AutoCAD
- Type of Industry Experience
- Component manufacturing industry; Automobile and Trucking industry
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Valid driver’s licence
Health care plan, Dental plan, Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP)
How to apply
Include this reference number in your application
Here is what you must include when submitting your application:
- Job reference number