Fiberglass Laminators and Fabricators laminate layers of fiberglass on molds to form boat decks and hulls, bodies for golf carts, automobiles, or other products. They also release air bubbles and smooth seams, using rollers.
Other tasks include:
- Spray chopped fiberglass, resins, and catalysts onto prepared molds or dies using pneumatic spray guns with chopper attachments.
- Select precut fiberglass mats, cloth, and wood-bracing materials as required by projects being assembled.
- Pat or press layers of saturated mat or cloth into place on molds, using brushes or hands, and smooth out wrinkles and air bubbles with hands or squeegees.
- Work with layers of plastic resin to shape surfaces before placing fiberglass mats and repeat layers till the required thickness is achieved on products.
- Assess completed products so they are in line with client specifications, by measuring with micrometers and rulers, as well as tapping them to check for bubbles.
- Check all templates and cut out patterns used in product manufacturing to confirm that they are identical to blueprints, dimensional data, photographs and samples.
- Use pneumatic spray guns with chopper attachments to spray chopped materials like resins, fibreglass and other catalysts onto prepared molds.
- In case of damaged glass fiber parts, perform repairs by examining densities, contours and thicknesses for the best possible fit to assure continued quality of production.
- LocationBlainville, QC
- Salary$$18.00HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employmentPermanent employment
- Start dateStarts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Other benefits
- vacancies1 vacancy
- Source Job Bank #2049929
English or French
No degree, certificate or diploma
- Other benefits
- Free parking available; Learning/training paid by employer
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
Free parking available, Learning/training paid by employer
How to apply