We are looking to hire an experienced tire technician to work in our busy repair shop. As a tire technician, you will be required to inspect and assess damaged or worn tires on customer vehicles, replace or repair damaged tires, and balance or rotate tires. You may also be required to perform specialty work such as studding tires for the snow, retreading tires for off-road vehicles, and providing roadside assistance.
To ensure success as a tire technician, you should have good communication skills and be able to perform physically demanding tasks. Ultimately, an outstanding tire technician can work quickly and efficiently, while maintaining high industry standards.
Tire Technician Responsibilities:
- Talking to the customer about any issues they are experiencing.
- Inspecting and assessing tire tread levels, wear patterns, valve quality, and overall health.
- Recommending appropriate repair treatment or replacement of tires.
- Repairing punctures and replacing faulty valves.
- Installing new tires.
- Balancing tires and completing wheel alignment procedures.
- Studding tires for snow use.
- Retreading tires for tractors and other off-road vehicles.
- Conducting inventory and maintaining equipment.
- Conducting road-side repairs.
Tire Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Good communication skills.
- Proven work experience as a tire technician.
- Attention to detail.
- Extensive knowledge of tire patterns and material composition.
- Ability to lift heavy objects.
- Ability to work in a crouched or standing position for extended periods.
- Location6150 Mclaughlin Road suite Unit 3
Mississauga, ONL5R 4E1
- Salary$$20.00HOUR hourly for 20 hours per week
- Terms of employmentPermanent employment
- Start dateStarts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Long term benefits, Financial benefits
- vacancies1 vacancy
- Source Job Bank #2048641
English or French
No degree, certificate or diploma
Experience an asset
- Health benefits
- Health care plan
- Financial benefits
- Long term benefits
- Life insurance
Health care plan
Long term benefits
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
6150 Mclaughlin Road suite Unit 3
L5R 4E1 Between 09:00 AM and 04:00 PM