We are looking for an experienced and dedicated store supervisor to manage our retail store. In this role, your duties will include overseeing employees and finances, and controlling the quality of products and services. You may also be required to evaluate the job performance of retail staff.
To ensure success as a store supervisor, you should exhibit demonstrable managerial competency, and excellent communication skills. Store Supervisors are natural leaders with excellent business management skills and a passion for customer service.
Store Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Overseeing salespeople, cashiers, shelf stockers, and other employees.
- Managing finances and preparing an annual budget.
- Keeping records of expenditure, sales figures, and employee performance.
- Evaluating the supply and availability of stocks, and profit-margins.
- Implementing measures to avoid stock damages, theft, and wastage.
- Monitoring shelve stocks and product displays, and the general appearance of the store.
- Investigating market trends and offering products that would appeal to customers.
- Addressing customers’ requests, comments, and complaints.
- Motivating employees to achieve targets.
- Training new staff members and scheduling shifts.
Store Supervisor Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, financial management, or equivalent qualification preferred.
- Demonstrable experience in a supervisory capacity at a retail store, or similar.
- Extensive experience with preparing budgets, and financial and expense reports.
- In-depth knowledge of product and consumer trends, and marketing strategies.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in dealing with employees and customers.
- Competency in retail management software, such as AIM and NetSuite.
- Proficiency with spreadsheet and word processing software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with applicable labor laws, and retail health and safety standards.
Education: No degree, certificate or diploma. Experience: 1 to less than 7 months.
- LocationHawkesbury, ON
- Salary$$15.75HOUR hourly for 35 hours per week
- Terms of employmentPermanent employment
- Day, Evening, Weekend, Morning
- Start dateStarts as soon as possible
- vacancies1 vacancy
No degree, certificate or diploma
1 to less than 7 months
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply