We are looking to hire an experienced housekeeping supervisor to oversee all duties performed by our housekeeping staff. The housekeeping supervisor’s responsibilities include assigning tasks to the housekeeping staff, identifying and reporting cases of tardiness, and monitoring cleaning supplies. You should also inform management of any equipment or furniture in need of repair or replacement and ensure that the housekeeping staff complies with all safety and sanitation policies.
To be successful as a housekeeping supervisor, you should be able to develop and implement strategies to improve the functioning of the housekeeping department. Ultimately, an exceptional housekeeping supervisor should have excellent management skills and be able to ensure that housekeeping operations run efficiently.
Housekeeping Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Assigning housekeeping tasks to staff and inspecting work to ensure that the prescribed standards of cleanliness are met.
- Scheduling staff shifts and organizing replacements as required.
- Investigating and addressing complaints regarding poor housekeeping service.
- Providing training to the housekeeping staff.
- Regularly taking inventory of cleaning supplies and ordering stock as needed.
- Issuing cleaning supplies and equipment to housekeeping staff as needed.
- Screening housekeeping applicants and recommending promotions, transfers, and dismissals.
- Performing various cleaning duties in instances of staff shortages.
Housekeeping Supervisor Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proven housekeeping or hospitality experience.
- Working knowledge of housekeeping.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- The ability to multitask.
- The ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- LocationAirdrie, AB
- Salary$$26.00HOUR hourly for 35 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employmentPermanent employment
- Start dateStarts as soon as possible
- vacancies2 vacancies
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills
- Inspect sites or facilities to ensure safety and cleanliness standards; Establish work schedules; Co-ordinate work activities with other departments; Assist cleaners in performing duties; Supervise and co-ordinate activities of workers; Recommend or arrange for additional maintenance services
- Work Setting
- Hotel, motel, resort
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Work under pressure
- Ability to Supervise
- 5-10 people
- Personal Suitability
- Excellent oral communication
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply