We are looking for a careful forklift operator to move packages and material around our facilities. You will be operating a forklift with the utmost care to ensure efficiency and safety. Your job could involve driving around warehouses, storage spaces and other facilities.
You must be a responsible individual with great experience in driving industrial vehicles. The goal will be to ensure that material and products will always be at the right place to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Unload materials and merchandise from incoming vehicles and stack them to assigned places
- Locate and move stock of products to pallets or crates for storage or shipment
- Identify damages and report shortages or quality deficiencies
- Transport raw materials to production workstations
- Inspect machinery to determine the need for repairs and guarantee safety by performing regular maintenance
- Keep updated records of inventory and activity logs
- Comply with company policies and legal guidelines
- Help maintain a safe and orderly environment of the facilities
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as forklift operator
- Attention to detail and familiarity with industrial equipment
- Excellent physical condition and coordination
- Valid certification to operate forklifts
- High school diploma
Frequently asked questions
What does a Forklift Operator do?
A Forklift Operator’s job is to make sure that materials are transported around warehouses, factories and storage sites.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Forklift Operator?
Forklift Operators use forklifts for unloading deliveries and stacking boxes and other items. They are responsible for ensuring items are transported and stored safely without damaging products.
What makes a good Forklift Operator?
A good Forklift Operator needs to have excellent hand-eye coordination to operate a forklift close to shelves and other workers in a warehouse, factory and storage site. They also need to communicate with other employees to ensure workers are safe throughout their shift.
Who does a Forklift Operator work with?
Forklift Operators work with Maintenance Workers and other crew members throughout their shift.
- LocationRichmond Hill, ON
- Salary$$20.00 to $22.00HOUR hourly for 48 hours per week
- Terms of employmentPermanent employment
- Day, Evening, Weekend, Overtime, Flexible Hours, Early Morning, Morning
- Start dateStarts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Other benefits, Long term benefits
- vacancies1 vacancy
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate; Forklift Operator Certification; Counterbalanced forklift training; Narrow aisle forklift training
2 years to less than 3 years
- Specific Skills
- Store cargo and materials; Pick orders and stock; Operate computerised inventory control systems; Operate a variety of equipment to load, unload and move materials and products; Hazardous products handling and storage; Load, unload and move products and materials by hand or with basic material handling equipment; Make labels and attach to goods; Organize and maintain inventory; Sort, crate and stack goods
- Additional Skills
- Ship orders
- Weight Handling
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Work Setting
- Warehouse; Manufacture
- Vehicle and Equipment Experience
- Industrial lift trucks and fork-lifts; Dollies and hand trucks; Reach trucks; Pallet lifters
- Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Work Site Environment
- Confined spaces; Noisy; Dusty; Cold/refrigerated
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Handling heavy loads; Hand-eye co-ordination; Large workload
- Personal Suitability
- Team player; Dependability; Reliability; Adaptability; Collaborative; Efficiency; Energetic; Hardworking
- Health benefits
- Health care plan; Dental plan; Vision care benefits
- Long term benefits
- Life insurance
- Other benefits
- Free parking available
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?; Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
Health care plan, Dental plan, Vision care benefits
Free parking available
Long term benefits
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorised to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply