We are looking for an energetic food preparation worker to assist our kitchen workers by preparing food ingredients. The food preparation worker will wash, peel, slice, trim, chop, and grate fruit and vegetables, and measure, weigh and mix a wide variety of ingredients. The food preparation worker will cut, slice, and grind a variety of meats. You will ensure ingredients are stored and rotated effectively to optimize freshness and ensure desired stock levels at all times. You will collaborate with the kitchen team to ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
To be successful in this role, you will ensure the quality and stability of products by complying with production guidelines, following standardised recipes, and by overseeing product quality through adequate storage and product rotation. Preferred candidates will be enthusiastic, dexterous, and have stamina.
Food Preparation Worker Responsibilities:
- Working effectively with the kitchen team, and complying with company procedures and food safety policies.
- Preparing workstation with required ingredients and equipment, and keeping station sanitary and organised throughout the shift.
- Preparing ingredients following recipes and guidelines.
- Steaming vegetables and other basic cooking responsibilities.
- Ensuring ingredients are tagged, date-labeled, covered, stored, and rotated effectively.
- Overseeing food levels and restocking items on time.
- Keeping utensils and equipment clean and sanitary.
- Establishing stock levels at end of shift and capturing information on standardised stock sheets.
- Removing trash and clearing storage bins.
Food Preparation Worker Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED, or a suitable alternative.
- 2+ years of kitchen production experience.
- Excellent understanding of food preparation fundamentals.
- Ability to follow recipes.
- Sound understanding of food allergies and food-borne illnesses.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Proficient knife handling skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Available to work shifts, on public holidays, and over weekends.
- LocationHamilton, ON
- Salary$$15.25HOUR hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employmentPermanent employment
- Start dateStarts as soon as possible
- vacancies5 vacancies
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 to less than 7 months
- Counter Attendant and Food Preparer Skills
- Use manual and electrical appliances to clean, peel, slice and trim foodstuffs; Take customers’ orders; Stock refrigerators and salad bars; Portion and wrap foods; Package take-out food; Prepare, heat and finish simple food items
- Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Grill; Deep fryer
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Standing for extended periods
- Personal Suitability
- Team player; Client focus; Reliability
- Kitchen Helpers Skills
- Wash, peel and cut vegetables and fruit; Remove kitchen garbage and trash; Handle and store cleaning products; Clean and sanitize kitchen including work surfaces, cupboards, storage areas, appliances and equipment; Receive, unpack and store supplies in refrigerators, freezers, cupboards and other storage areas
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorised to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply