We are looking for a Finance Clerk to take on various administrative tasks. Your main responsibilities will include keeping financial records, preparing bills and delivering high-quality customer service.
We’re looking for an individual with a keen eye for detail, strong math skills and the ability to multi-task efficiently. You should also be trustworthy and an excellent communicator.
Your goal will be to ensure our accounting procedures run smoothly.
- Process bills, checks, receipts and other documents
- Ensure all documents are properly signed and distributed
- Verify financial and other data (e.g. tax identification numbers)
- Monitor financial transactions
- Enter data and maintain updated records
- Assist with account reconciliations
- Communicate with vendors, customers and colleagues
- Report the status of accounts and discrepancies
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as a Finance Clerk
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping and financial transactions
- Familiarity with financial regulations, i.e. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Knowledge of MS Office and databases
- Attention to detail
- Organizational and multitasking abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Reliability and strong work ethics
- Ability to solve problems
- High school diploma or equivalent
- LocationVancouver, BCRemote work available
- Salary$$22.03HOUR hourly for 1 to 35 hours per week
- Terms of employmentTerm or contract (ending: 2024-05-23)
- Day, To be determined, Morning
- Start dateStarts as soon as 2022-05-23
- Benefits: Health benefits
- vacancies3 vacancies
- Source Job Bank #2048306
3 years to less than 5 years
- Specific Skills
- Store, update and retrieve financial data; Prepare payroll; Prepare financial statements and reports; Prepare general ledger; Prepare journal entry; Perform clerical duties, such as maintain filing and record systems; Manage accounts payable; Manage accounts receivable; Costing and budgeting; Prepare reports; Perform general office duties; Organize and maintain inventory
- Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- Spreadsheet; MS Excel; MS PowerPoint; MS Windows; MS Word; Accounting software
- Work Setting
- Public sector
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation; Travel expenses not paid by employer
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Tight deadlines
- Work Location Information
- Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Personal Suitability
- Accurate; Excellent oral communication; Client focus; Reliability; Organized; Ability to multitask
- Workplace information
- Remote work available
- Health benefits
- Health care plan; Dental plan; Vision care benefits
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?; Do you have education in this field of employment?
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Here is what you must include when submitting your application:
- Cover letter