We are looking for a reliable Logistics Manager to be responsible for the overall supply chain management. Logistics Manager responsibilities include organising and monitoring storage and distribution of goods.
The goal is to manage the entire order cycle so as to enhance business development and ensure sustainability and customer satisfaction.
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers and consumers
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Arrange warehouse, catalog goods, plan routes and process shipments
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints
- Supervise, coach and train warehouse workforce
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
- Maintain metrics and analyse data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Comply with laws, regulations and ISO requirements
Requirements and skills
- Proven working experience as a Logistics Manager
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage staff
- Proficient in standard logistics software
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
- BS in Business Administration, Logistics or Supply Chain
Frequently asked questions
What does a Logistics Manager do?
Logistics Managers handle the movement and storage of supplies in a company. They plan routes to reduce costs while processing shipments to achieve budget goals efficiently.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Logistics Manager?
A Logistics Manager is responsible for the distribution, movement and storage of a company’s supplies. Their primary duties include reviewing budgets as well as processing shipments.
What makes a good Logistics Manager?
A good Logistics Manager should have strong mathematical skills since they need to track many items across their organization. When something changes in the market or other companies announce new product lines, they won’t be surprised. Flexibility is also essential because things products and processes can change and evolve quickly.
Who does a Logistics Manager work with?
A Logistics Manager typically supervises a team of Logistics Coordinators, who oversee the general supply-chain processes occurring within a company and are given updates and information via the Manager.
- LocationCalgary, AB
- Salary$$30.00HOUR hourly for 40 to 60 hours per week
- Terms of employmentPermanent employment
- Day, Evening, Weekend, Overtime, Early Morning, Morning
- Start dateStarts as soon as possible
- vacancies1 vacancy
or equivalent experience
3 years to less than 5 years
- Other Languages
- Spanish; Castilian
- Additional Skills
- Supervisory Experience
- Security and Safety
- Criminal record check; Basic security clearance
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Valid driver’s licence
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Attention to detail; Tight deadlines; Overtime required
- Ability to Supervise
- More than 20 people
- Personal Suitability
- Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focus; Values and ethics; Reliability; Organised
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorised to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply