We are looking for a crane operator to safely transport loads to construction sites with the use of lifting equipment, such as cranes and hoists. You will work closely with construction workers and ground operators to complete your daily duties. You will also perform equipment inspections and repairs on a regular basis.
To succeed in this role, you should have hands-on experience with cranes and building materials. Problem-solving and attention to detail are also must-have skills for you, so that you can adapt to different weather conditions and settings.
- Operate cranes and hoists
- Transfer loads to construction sites and discharge safely
- Bind loads to cranes
- Inspect equipment and machinery
- Keep and update maintenance and activity log
- Carry out basic repairs to machines
- Set up machinery based on complex manuals
- Coordinate with ground operators and interpret hand and verbal signals
- Follow safety guidelines and protocols
Requirements and skills
- Previous experience as a crane operator or a similar role
- Working experience handling different types of cranes
- Ability to lift heavy loads, work in heights and stand for long hours
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Pass medical, drug and background check
- Commercial driver’s license is a must
- Relevant certification (e.g. NCCCO) is preferred
- LocationLeduc, ABOn the road job
- Salary$$30.00 to $50.00HOUR hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employmentPermanent employment
- To be determined
- Start dateStarts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Long term benefits, Financial benefits
On the road job
Work locations may vary. Frequent or constant travel is required from the employee.
Other trades certificate or diploma
3 years to less than 5 years
- Type of Cranes
- Hydraulic or telescoping boom
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Work Site Environment
- Outdoors; Noisy; Dusty; Hot
- Work Location Information
- Various locations
- Personal Suitability
- Flexibility; Team player; Dependability
- Workplace information
- On the road job
- Health benefits
- Health care plan; Disability benefits; Dental plan; Vision care benefits; Paramedical services coverage
- Financial benefits
- Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits; Life insurance; Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP)
Health care plan, Disability benefits, Dental plan, Vision care benefits, Paramedical services coverage
Long term benefits
Group insurance benefits, Life insurance, Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP)
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorised to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Learn more about this job