We are looking for an efficient, courteous cashier who possesses excellent customer service skills. The cashier will scan the customer’s selections, ensure that prices and quantities are accurate, accept payments, issue receipts, answer inquiries, and provide helpful information to customers products, promotions, or item location. You will also respond to complaints, process refunds or exchanges of items, and maintain a clean workspace.
To succeed as a cashier, you should have a strong work ethic and high level of accuracy. You should be responsible, attentive to customer needs, and committed to providing excellent service.
- Welcoming customers, answering their questions, helping them locate items, and providing advice or recommendations.
- Operating scanners, scales, cash registers, and other electronics.
- Balancing the cash register and generating reports for credit and debit sales.
- Accepting payments, ensuring all prices and quantities are accurate and proving a receipt to every customer.
- Processing refunds and exchanges, resolving complaints.
- Bagging or wrapping purchases to ensure safe transport.
- Following all store procedures regarding coupons, gift cards, or the purchase of specific items, such as alcohol or cigarettes.
- Maintaining a clean workspace.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Customer service or cashier experience.
- Ability to handle transactions accurately and responsibly.
- High level of energy with strong customer service skills.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- Ability to stand, walk, lift heavy items, and work with other team members in a fast-paced environment to provide excellent service.
- Attention to detail.
- Helpful, courteous approach to resolving complaints.
- LocationLot 12 industrial park
Red Earth Creek, ABT0G 1X0
- Salary$$15.00 to $17.00HOUR hourly for 35 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employmentPermanent employment
- Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Overtime, On Call, Early Morning, Morning
- Start dateStarts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Other benefits
- vacancies3 vacancies
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Specific Skills
- Operate cash register; Suggestive selling; Process money, cheques and credit/debit card payments; Scan items; Tabulate total payment for goods or services required; Receive payment for goods or services; Calculate daily/shift payments received and reconcile with total sales; Stock shelves and clean counter area; Greet customers; Wrap or place merchandise in bags; Provide customer service; Participate in promotional activities; Verify the age of customers when selling lottery tickets, alcohol or tobacco products; Monitor all entrances and exits, request proof of payment when necessary
- Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- Price scanner; Electronic cash register; Interact machine; Computerised inventory record keeping and re-ordering system
- Work Setting
- Retail business; Gas bar; Supermarket/grocery store
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Standing for extended periods; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Work Location Information
- Willing to relocate; Relocation costs covered by employer
- Personal Suitability
- Flexibility; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication
- Health benefits
- Health care plan; Disability benefits
- Other benefits
- On-site housing options
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?; Are you willing to relocate for this position?; What is your current level of study?; What is the highest level of study you have completed?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?; Are you available for shift or on-call work?; Are you available for the advertised start date?
Health care plan, Disability benefits
On-site housing options
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
Include this reference number in your application
Here is what you must include when submitting your application:
- Job reference number
- Cover letter