We are looking for a physically fit, responsible individual to move furniture by loading items into and out of moving trucks. Movers are responsible for ensuring that items are undamaged and placed in the correct position in the new location.
To be successful as a mover you must have stamina to perform manual duties that often require strength. You should also be able to plan the most efficient ways to pack items into the moving truck.
- Wrap furniture in protective material.
- Load, pack and unload items with care.
- Ensure that no items are damaged while moving.
- Place furniture in the requested positions at the new location.
- Take inventory of items and ensure that no items are lost during transportation.
- Location#70-4223 Commerce Circle
Victoria, BCV8Z 6N6
- Salary$$25.00 to $30.00HOUR hourly for 40 to 50 hours per week
- Terms of employmentPermanent employment
- Day, Weekend, Overtime, Flexible Hours, Morning
- Start dateStarts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Other benefits, Long term benefits, Financial benefits
- vacancies5 vacancies
English or French
No degree, certificate or diploma
- Specific Skills
- Operate a variety of equipment to load, unload and move materials and products; Load, unload and move products and materials by hand or with basic material handling equipment
- Other Languages
- Weight Handling
- Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
- Work Setting
- Moving and storage company
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Valid driver’s licence
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding; Manual dexterity; Hand-eye co-ordination
- Personal Suitability
- Team player; Reliability; Hardworking; Positive attitude
- Health benefits
- Health care plan; Dental plan
- Financial benefits
- Bonus; Gratuities
- Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits; Other benefits
- Other benefits
- On-site recreation and activities; Free parking available; Learning/training paid by employer; Team building opportunities; Parking available
- Screening questions
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?; Do you have education in this field of employment?
Health care plan, Dental plan
On-site recreation and activities, Free parking available, Learning/training paid by employer, Team building opportunities, Parking available
Long term benefits
Group insurance benefits, Other benefits
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorised to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
250-727-2010 Between 08:00 AM and 08:00 PM
#70-4223 Commerce Circle