We are looking to hire a customer-oriented restaurant supervisor to ensure that all restaurant operations run smoothly. The restaurant supervisor’s responsibilities include overseeing the activities of restaurant staff, expediting customers’ orders as needed, and maintaining good working relationships with suppliers. You should also be able to identify ways to decrease the restaurant’s operational costs.
To be successful as a restaurant supervisor, you should exercise effective management skills and take necessary disciplinary actions to address poor staff performance. Ultimately, a top-performing restaurant supervisor should be able to achieve exceptional customer service and ensure that customers have a pleasant restaurant experience.
Restaurant Supervisor Responsibilities:
- Screening, interviewing, hiring, and training restaurant staff.
- Managing restaurant staff’s work schedules.
- Conducting regular inspections of the restaurant kitchen to determine whether proper standards of hygiene and sanitation are maintained.
- Overseeing food preparation, presentation, and storage to ensure compliance with food health and safety regulations.
- Checking in on dining customers to enquire about food quality and service.
- Monitoring inventory and ensuring that all food supplies and other restaurant essentials are adequately stocked.
- Monitoring the restaurant’s cash flow and settling outstanding bills.
- Reviewing customer surveys to develop and implement ways to improve customer service.
- Resolving customer complaints in a professional manner.
- LocationEast York, ON
- Salary$$17.00HOUR hourly for 35 hours per week
- Terms of employmentPermanent employment
- Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, On Call, Early Morning
- Start dateStarts as soon as possible
- vacancies2 vacancies
- Source Job Bank #2047768
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
7 months to less than 1 year
- Specific Skills
- Prepare and submit reports; Maintain records of stock, repairs, sales and wastage; Establish work schedules; Estimate and order ingredients and supplies; Ensure food service and quality control
- Additional Skills
- Address customers’ complaints or concerns; Train staff in job duties, sanitation and safety procedures; Establish methods to meet work schedules
- Work Setting
- Food service establishment
- Workers Supervised
- Food service counter attendants and food preparers
- Work Site Environment
- Outdoors; Wet/damp; Noisy; Odours; Hot
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Physically demanding; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Standing for extended periods; Walking; Bending, crouching, kneeling; Tight deadlines
- Ability to Supervise
- 3-4 people
- Work Location Information
- On-site customer service
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Client focus
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply