We are on the hunt for a friendly and experienced grocery clerk to ensure that the grocery area of our supermarket is well-maintained and running efficiently. You will act as the first point of contact with customers and help them with information and support in buying their groceries.
Your duties may include preparing sale displays, ensuring the store is clean, stocking products, and processing customer orders. To exceed in this role, the ideal candidate will have a friendly and open attitude, with outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ask customers about their needs and help them in making purchases.
- Escort customers to the appropriate aisle or shelve in order to assist with purchasing decisions.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Ensure the store is clean, safe and in order.
- Stock and replace products to avoid any damages.
- Keep shelves fully stocked with fresh products.
- Prepare store displays and ensure that products are accurately labeled.
- Order out of stock products.
- Process customer orders and payments.
- Discard expired items and place near expiry items on special promotions.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification required.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a grocery clerk.
- Proven customer service or retail experience is a plus.
- Great attention to detail.
- Good communication and people skills.
- Location4904 – 45 Street
Rocky Mountain House, ABT4T 1P2
- Salary$$16.00HOUR hourly for 37.5 hours per week
- Terms of employmentPermanent employment
- Night, Weekend, Early Morning
- Start dateStarts as soon as possible
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience an asset
- Specific Skills
- Take, cancel and change room reservations; Register arriving guests and assign rooms; Provide information on hotel facilities and services; Process group arrivals and departures; Process guests’ departures, calculate charges and receive payments; Investigate and resolve complaints and claims; Exchange foreign currency; Balance cash and complete balance sheets, cash reports and related forms; Answer telephone and relay telephone calls and messages; Clerical duties (i.e. faxing, filing, photocopying); Provide general information about points of interest in the area; Follow emergency and safety procedures; Handle wake-up calls; Provide customer service; Assist clients/guests with special needs; Maintain an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments
- Work Setting
- Hotel, motel, resort
- Security and Safety
- Criminal record check
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Attention to detail; Standing for extended periods
- Work Location Information
- Remote location
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Team player; Reliability; Organised
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorised to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply