We are searching for a well-organized, innovative lecturer to join our established department. The lecturer’s responsibilities include developing course material and curricula, inspiring meaningful discussions, attending conferences, consulting with other academics and professionals, supervising graduate students, grading assignments, and being an active member of the university. You should be prepared to work long hours, travel abroad, and expand your networks.
To be successful as a lecturer, you should demonstrate superior listening and communication skills. Outstanding candidates are able to prepare and deliver powerful lectures and should be willing to collaborate with professionals in and outside of their discipline.
- Preparing and delivering lectures, tutorials, workshops, and seminars.
- Developing curricula and course material that can be used across a number of platforms.
- Collaborating with other academics and lecturers to improve teaching methods and expand knowledge base.
- Setting and grading assignments, tests, and exams.
- Conducting research, and writing papers, proposals, journal articles, and books.
- Attending and participating in meetings, conferences, and other events in and outside of the institution.
- Participating in training opportunities and initiatives at the institution.
- Providing support to students and other colleagues.
- Staying current by reading widely and producing published work in the field.
Education: Bachelor’s degree. Social Work, Other. Experience: 5 years or more. Area of Specialisation: Mental health.
- LocationColdstream, BC
- Salary$$40.27 to $64.72HOUR hourly for 30 hours per week
- Terms of employmentTerm or contract (ending: 2023-05-31)
- Start dateStarts as soon as 2022-08-15
- Social Work, Other
5 years or more
- Area of Specialisation
- Mental health
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorised to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Include this reference number in your application