We are on the hunt for an experienced line cook to join our talented team and help prepare meals according to our standard recipes. In this position, your principal goal will be to prepare high-quality meals that meet the chef’s exact specifications.
You will be responsible for setting up the prep station, stocking inventory, and maintaining sanitation standards. To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will possess excellent communication and multi-tasking skills. Ultimately, you will play an essential role in contributing to our customer satisfaction and restaurant growth.
- Ensure the preparation station and the kitchen is set up and stocked.
- Prepare simple components of each dish on the menu by chopping vegetables, cutting meat, and preparing sauces.
- Report to the executive chef and follow instructions.
- Make sure food preparation and storage areas meet health and safety standards.
- Clean prep areas and take care of leftovers.
- Stock inventory and supplies.
- Cook menu items with the support of the kitchen staff.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Certificate in culinary arts or related field.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role.
- In-depth knowledge of restaurant best practices and cooking methods.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Aptitude for multi-tasking.
- Must be able to work cooperatively and efficiently in a team.
- Location4120 King St
Windsor, NSB0N 2T0
- Salary$$14.00HOUR hourly for 35 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employmentPermanent employment
- Day, Night, Shift
- Start dateStarts as soon as possible
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
or equivalent experience
1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food; Supervise kitchen staff and helpers; Organize and manage buffets and banquets; Order supplies and equipment; Manage kitchen operations; Inspect kitchens and food service areas; Prepare and cook special meals for patients as instructed by dietitian or chef; Clean kitchen and work areas; Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment; Prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods; Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
- Cook Categories
- Line cook
- Cuisine Specialties
- International; Canadian; South Indian
- Additional Skills
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- Work Setting
- Restaurant; Bar
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Willing to travel for extended periods; Valid driver’s licence
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Attention to detail; Standing for extended periods
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorised to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
In person4120 King St
B0N 2T0 Between 08:30 AM and 10:30 AM
Here is what you must include when submitting your application:
- Cover letter
- Letter of recommendation
- Proof of the requested certifications
- Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed