We are looking for a friendly and energetic store clerk to create attractive displays, help customers and check inventory. A store clerk’s responsibilities may also include cleaning the store, cashing up items and packing the storeroom.
To be successful as a store clerk you must have the energy to be on your feet for most of the day while maintaining a positive attitude. A good store clerk is always friendly towards customers and is able to remain professional with difficult customers.
Store Clerk Responsibilities:
- Pack store items onto shelves.
- Clean the store.
- Keep track of inventory.
- Create displays for products.
- Greet customers.
- Assist customers when asked.
- Ring up purchases.
Store Clerk Requirements:
- A high school qualification or equivalent.
- Well-groomed appearance.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks given.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Relatively fit.
- LocationHalifax, NS
- Salary$$14.50 to $15.50HOUR hourly for 15 to 25 hours per week
- Terms of employmentPermanent employment
- Day, Evening, Weekend, Shift, Flexible Hours, Morning
- Start dateStarts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Other benefits
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 to less than 7 months
- Specific Skills
- Operate cash register; Provide advice about merchandise; Greet customers and discuss type, quality and quantity of merchandise or services sought for purchase, rental or lease; Prepare sales, rental or leasing contracts and accept cash, cheque, credit card or automatic debit payment; Maintain sales records for inventory control; Assist in display of merchandise
- Weight Handling
- Up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs)
- Security and Safety
- Bondable; Criminal record check
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation; Public transportation is available
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Repetitive tasks; Standing for extended periods; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Work Location Information
- On-site customer service; Urban area
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Dependability; Reliability; Organized; Adaptability; Collaborative; Creativity; Efficiency; Energetic; Goal-oriented; Hardworking; Integrity; Outgoing; Positive attitude; Proactive; Quick learner
Health care plan, Dental plan, Vision care benefits, Paramedical services coverage
Free parking available
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorised to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
7001 Mumford Road
Halifax , NS
B3L 2H8 Between 10:00 AM and 06:00 PM