We are searching for a perceptive, creative administrative manager to oversee office operations and administrative staff members. The administrative manager will hire, train, and evaluate administrative team members; develop, review, and improve policies, systems, and procedures; and generally ensure the office operates smoothly and efficiently.
To succeed as an administrative manager, you should be focused on attracting and retaining top talent and streamlining office operations to maximize quality and efficiency while reducing costs. You should be analytical, knowledgeable, and organized with a proactive attitude and strong leadership skills.
Administrative Manager Responsibilities:
- Supervising the day-to-day operations of the administrative department and staff members.
- Hiring, training, and evaluating employees and taking corrective action when necessary.
- Developing, reviewing, and improving administrative systems, policies, and procedures.
- Ensuring the office is stocked with necessary supplies and that all equipment is working and properly maintained.
- Working with the accounting and management teams to set budgets, monitor spending, and process payroll and other expenses.
- Planning, scheduling, and promoting office events, including meetings, conferences, interviews, orientations, and training sessions.
- Collecting, organizing, and storing information using computers and filing systems.
- Overseeing special projects and tracking progress towards company goals.
- Building and expanding on skills by engaging in educational opportunities.
Administrative Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, or a related field.
- Experience in a related field, such as management or financial reporting, preferred.
- Exceptional leadership and time, task, and resource management skills.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, coaching, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with computers, especially MS Office.
- Ability to plan for and keep track of multiple projects and deadlines.
- Familiarity with budget planning and enforcement, human resources, and customer service procedures.
- Willingness to continue building skills through educational opportunities.
Administrative Managers play a role in many parts of a business’s operations. This is a top-level role, meaning Administrative Managers work with other leaders and team members in each of the business’ departments. Administrative Managers have a lot of duties they perform on a daily basis, including:
- Guiding the organization’s activities
- Identifying opportunities to improve a business’ policies or objectives
- Ensuring a company is operating securely and effectively
- Preparing and reviewing operational reports
- Leading and/or participating in meetings
- LocationMississauga, ON
- Salary$$69,000YEAR annually for 35 hours per week
- Terms of employmentPermanent employment
- Start dateStarts as soon as possible
3 years to less than 5 years
- Specific Skills
- Plan, administer and control budgets for client projects, contracts, equipment and supplies; Interview, hire and provide training for staff; Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of a department providing a single administrative service or several administrative services; Prepare reports and briefs for management committees evaluating administrative services; Direct and advise staff engaged in providing records management, security, finance, purchasing, human resources or other administrative services; Direct and control corporate governance and regulatory compliance procedures within establish
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Attention to detail; Large workload
- Personal Suitability
- Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Judgement; Organized
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply