An auto parts delivery driver delivers auto parts from distributors or small businesses to various customers. You can typically find this job with auto part stores. You are expected to collect the correct orders from the store or warehouse and load them into the delivery truck. Other duties include learning the most efficient route for delivery, as well as being professional and respectful to customers and the general public, especially while wearing your company’s uniform. You may need a special driver’s license if you operate large delivery vehicles, but you most often simply drive cars or small trucks.
Automotive Parts Delivery Driver – Essential Duties
- Picks up and delivers parts and equipment to customers, satellite stores, wholesale accounts, and vendors.
- Checks with the parts manager, wholesale representative, inventory control administrator, parts counter people or shipping and receiving clerk before leaving to coordinate any last-minute pick-ups or deliveries.
- Checks with the body shop each day to determine immediate parts needs.
- Delivers parts to body shop when needed and distributes to appropriate body technicians.
- Verifies that invoice matches purchase order for each pick-up.
- Checks payments received with the invoices for each delivery.
- Keeps an accurate log of daily deliveries and pick-ups. Requests recipient’s signature on each delivery entry.
- Unloads truck each night. Turns in all paperwork and undelivered parts.
- Handles basic maintenance of the truck including filling tank with gas, checking oil, keeping it clean and making sure required inspections are performed.
- Advises parts manager if delivery trucks need major repairs and maintenance.
- Helps maintain the professional appearance of the parts department.
- Assists service department as needed with attendant responsibilities of managing the drop-off and pick-up of customers’ cars.
- Helps with stocking and posting orders when they arrive to expedite delivery to shop technicians and wholesale accounts.
- Maintains professional appearance.
- Location333 Memorial Avenue
Thunder Bay, ONP7B 3Y4
- Salary$$15.00HOUR hourly for 30 hours per week
- Terms of employmentPermanent employment
- Start dateStarts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Other benefits
No degree, certificate or diploma
- Specific Skills
- Load and unload goods; Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle; Operate and drive automobiles, vans and light trucks to pick up and deliver various items and products
- Weight Handling
- Up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs)
- Security and Safety
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Vehicle supplied by employer; Valid driver’s licence
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Handling heavy loads; Tight deadlines
- Transportation/Travel Experience
Free parking available
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorised to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Here is what you must include when submitting your application:
- Cover letter