A food service supervisor is responsible for the preparation, cooking, serving, and delivery of food.
S/he operates and maintains appropriate foodservice equipment, and carries out general facility and equipment hygiene maintenance tasks compliant with federal, state, and department guidelines.
• Supervise, coordinate and schedule the activities of employees.
• Maintain a report of stock, repairs, sales, and wastage.
• Estimate and order required ingredients for food preparation.
• Oversee and check the assembly of regular and individual diet trays.
• Ensure that food and service meet quality control standards.
• Prepare food order summaries for the chef.
• Communicating verbal and written orders
• Providing positive and quality service to customers and staff
• Ensuring compliance with regulatory guidelines
• Thorough understanding of food preparation processes
• Effective hiring, training, evaluating, and management skills
- LocationMoncton, NB
- Salary$$13.75HOUR hourly for 35 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employmentPermanent employment
- Flexible Hours
- Start dateStarts as soon as possible
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of staff who prepare and portion food; Supervise and check assembly of trays; Supervise and check delivery of food trolleys; Maintain records of stock, repairs, sales and wastage; Establish work schedules; Ensure food service and quality control; Must have knowledge of the establishment’s culinary genres
- Additional Skills
- Address customers’ complaints or concerns; Train staff in job duties, sanitation and safety procedures; Establish methods to meet work schedules
- Work Setting
- Restaurant; Food service establishment; Fast food outlet or concession
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Physically demanding; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Standing for extended periods; Walking; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Ability to Supervise
- 5-10 people
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Client focus
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorised to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply