We are looking for an enthusiastic Bartender to provide an excellent guest drinking experience. Good Bartenders will be able to create classic and innovative drinks exceeding customers’ needs and expectations. Compensation includes salary and tips.
- Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol beverages for bar and restaurant patrons
- Interact with customers, take orders and serve snacks and drinks
- Assess customers’ needs and preferences and make recommendations
- Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails
- Plan and present bar menu
- Check customers’ identification and confirm it meets legal drinking age
- Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies
- Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest experience
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations
Requirements and skills
- Resume and proven working experience as a Bartender
- Excellent knowledge of in mixing, garnishing and serving drinks
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of a second language is a plus
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Ability to keep the bar organised, stocked and clean
- Relevant training certificate
Frequently asked questions
What does a Bartender do?
Bartenders are friendly, highly organised and proactive professionals. They are efficient and have exceptional customer service skills. Bartenders are also very creative. They are drink innovators. They can accept feedback from a customer and modify ingredients to fit taste preferences.
- LocationWhitehorse, YT
- Salary$$16.50HOUR hourly for 25 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employmentPermanent employment
Part time leading to full time
- Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, Flexible Hours
- Start dateStarts as soon as possible
No degree, certificate or diploma
- Specific Skills
- Advise on wine selection; Store beverage and food products; Organize and set up bar; Inform customers regarding contents of cocktails or other drinks; Enforce provincial/territorial liquor legislation and regulations; Collect cash, credit/debit cards or other payment for beverages; Clean bar area and wash glassware; Take beverage orders from serving staff or directly from patrons; Prepare mixed drinks, wine, draft or bottled beer and non-alcoholic beverages
- Work Setting
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Physically demanding; Standing for extended periods
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorised to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
2241 2 Ave
Y1A 5W1 Between 11:00 AM and 10:00 PM